Re: CBS DVR issues
FIOSUser9

Stupid question, but as a newbie here, does Verizon actually read these posts and try to provide answers, or are we all on our own to try to figure it out. 

Same problem here. 504 does not record any shows properly. Just started. Reset the box, reset the router, deleted all recordings, rescheduled....same junk.

Oh, if you're desperate, you CAN set it to record a CBS show, is SD [channel 4].

Grrr.

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our sincerest apologies for the issues being reported. Our development team is aware and have been working on a fix to address the issues which will be released tomorrow. 

Please feel free to post on this thread should the fix not address the issue.

Thank you for your patience and please stay safe!

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
DMG9

We just updated our DVR hardware to the new fios one boxes and are having the same issue with CBS freezing and not recording. 

Hope Verizon is truly working to fix this problem.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you located?

When did you upgrade?

I heard they were sending out a fix to those boxes that were affected.

TonyFi0s

Updated the fios dvr software on 5/3/20 - didn’t solve the problems - we still can’t record CBS shows. Also tried deleting the series i.e Bluebloods, CBS Sunday Morning, etc on my DVR series list and then re-creating them - this also DID NOT resolve the problems. 

0 Likes
TonyFi0s

Just noticed that this inability to record CBS shows on the fios DVR began sometime after April 11th, 2020. The last successful CBS show recordings happened on this date. Everything after 4/11 failed to record (it shows as the show recorded successfully but when you play the show it only plays for a few seconds or minutes before it stops)

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @TonyFi0s,

I believe it should all be working as expected, if not, please send me a private message.

Thank you so much! 

Nilsa

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
MulEMC

We are also having this problem.  I called Verizon last week and described this problem as well as other poor problems we have been experiencing to a very rude rep who kept cutting me off.  This call took an hour out of my day, the rep didn't acknowledge Verizon having any notice of the problem, had me run around my house unplugging, re-plugging, and rebooting everything.  Two days later the problem started up again.  Last night our DVR froze after 10 minutes of recording Survivor. We tried watching it live but weren't able to do that either.  This apparently known problem really has to be fixed without further inconvenience to us paying customers.  What solution has Verizon found?

0 Likes
Annoyed91

After spending almost two weeks fighting the exact same issues with our DVR and 504 CBS problems, especially The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and going through the "opening a ticket" blah blah blah, re-setting, re-starting, re-scheduling and getting nowhere, I got on a chat to CANCEL my TV service with Verizon FIOS to go back to DISH Network and its problem-free Hopper DVR, and instead I changed my multi-room DVR Enhanced Service ($20 a month) to regular DVR service ($12 a month) . As soon as that change was made, my CBS/504 problems are gone, so whatever Verizon did to re-set the box, fixed the problem. Also note that there was a Verizon response to this thread 4/30 saying the development team is aware of the problem and will issue a release to fix it the next day, so maybe just a coincidence. Whatever the reason, our fingers remain crossed that the problem doesn't recur. 

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @MulEMC 

I believe it should all be working as expected, if not, please send me a private message.

Thank you so much!

Nilsa

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes