Channels Not Available
New-Customer

I am trying to order International programming package (South Asian (Hindi)), This package consists of 3 channels (TV Asia, Zee TV, SET Asia)

But customer Service is not able to activate them for me.

I am in central New Jersey.

http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiostv/popups/Premium+Channels/Premium+Channels.htm

This package is available at their web site at above link.

Does any one has tried getting this package with any success ?

Any help...

0 Likes
Re: Channels Not Available
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Those channels are only available in select markets at this time.  If you go to http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ChannelLineup/ChannelLineup.htm you can plug in your zip and see what is available.

TS

0 Likes
New-Customer

The Package is available for my Area (Zip = 08550).

Even on my TV - I could activate it using remote control, but price specified are $14.99 for each of these 3 channels if activated by remote control. The price advertise for the whole Package is $19.99 - which includes all the 3 channels (TV Asia, Zee Tv , and Sony E.Tv).

Again I called the customer service - to confirm if activate the subscription as separately for these 3 channels, can they convert them into a package for charging/billing  purposes, and they said NO, they can't. Neither they can activate them for me as - these package does not apear in their ORDER-PROCESSING screen.

Any Idea ? How to go about it ?

0 Likes
MunnaBhai

I need an answer to this question too. I am in the Northern Virginia area.  This is what I have gone through each day in the last two days:

1. I tune to any of the three channels 1752, 1753, 1754, corresponding to the channels offered in the South Asia package.
  2. I choose to subscribe to the package.
  3. I am told to wait as the order is processed.
  4. After a short wait, I am told that my order has been accepted and in the queue, and to please allow 24 hours for the order to be processed.
  5. After 24 hours, when I again tune in to these channels, I find that I can only view TV Asia, and shown the message offering subscription to the package.

I went through this again for another day and am still not able to view ZeeTV or SETAsia.

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

You two having problems I am going to need some info PMd to me.  In the markets where these channels are offered there is a problem sending the authorization codes down.  We can facilitate the codes being sent manually as long as we have recieved a provisioning request from the sales/billing departments.  Please PM me with your FiOS phone numbers(if you do not have one first and last name on the account and what state you reside in will be fine). 

***EDIT*** As far as any problems actually getting it ordered and the provisioning request sent to us techman is probably your best bet.  He is loads better than i with account issues like that

Message Edited by TheSanchez on 12-11-2008 09:05 AM
0 Likes
MunnaBhai

I can see all the three channels of the South Asia package now (as of 5pm today). Thank you.

0 Likes
New-Customer

I still have no luck getting the South Asian Package [consists of channel 1752/53/53].

Every time I call customer service - I  get totally different answer.

Today I was told  that  I must have to subscribe  to  FiOS-TV-EXTREAME HD , in order  to receive  these channels.

I have FIOS TV from last 2  years now, and I also have subscription to channel 1752 (TV Asia) since begining. When I said, I already get 1752, without having FiOS-TV-EXTREAME HD, why do I need it NOW?.  She then transferred to me to her Supervisor.

I waited for an about 40 minute for supervisor to take call, finally I gave up after listening 40 minutes of verizon music tune.

I hope, some one must have a CLEAR answer for my problem.

0 Likes
swadesh
I have same problem as MunnaBhai. I subscribe to south asian channel and I can see only TV Asia. I asked tech. when he came to install and he told me that it is coming soon in my area. I dont know when it will start in my area. i m living at lansdale,pa.
0 Likes
rvs

Hi All,

I am having the same problem, I am in PA 19425, I can see on the TV and upon ordering it says wait for some time even after more than a week I cannot view them. I already have TV Asia. If somebody can help me I will appreciate that.

0 Likes
New-Customer

The solution for this problem is to call TECH-SUPOORT (option 2) on phone and request them to manully PUSH those 2 channels (1753 Zee TV and 1754  SET).

They might call internally to their home office to verify - whether you are subscribing to those channels.

Enjoy.

0 Likes