Channels suddenly in spanish rather than english?
mbangs

Since Verizon switched the channel numbers, several of our channels, especially the movie channels, are in spanish when they

should be in English.   The commercials are in english?   And it is only on our DVR, the other two setboxes are working fine?

We also are having trouble with no sound on a couple channels?  Anyone else have such problems?  Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Channels suddenly in spanish rather than english?
Justin46
Legend

I have not experienced that, although I have not gone and checked every channel. Can you give a few examples of channels now in Spanish, and ones with sound problems? It might help narrow down the problem. (off the top of my head it sounds like it might be an SAP problem, does your TV support that?)

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
mbangs

Starz 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, same for Encore channels, Boomerang 258, all are in Spanish?  Nicktoon 254

has no sound,

Nick2 no sound, Nickolodeon has the wrong show on it and it has music sound, but no word sound, these are some examples.

But they work fine on other two set boxes, just not the DVR set box?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I tried a number of the channels you listed, all are in English here, and I have sound on the Nickoon channel.

I think I have found your problem. The DVR has an option to set a preferred language, English or Spanish. When I change my preferred language to Spanish, I get Spanish on 340, etc., when it is set to English I get English. So, click on Menu, scroll down to Settings, scroll down to Language, scroll down to Audio Language (I bet you see Spanish), hit OK, select English, exit the menu, and I bet all will be ok with the language. When in Spanish I have no sound on 254 either, get sound with English setting.

Try it and see if that does not fix your problem.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Check that the TV and box do not have Secondary Audio turned on (SAP)
0 Likes
nguyenhai
Thanks Justin, that solved the problem, it was driving me batty for a while 🙂
0 Likes