Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Channels Unavailable

AndeeP
Contributor
Contributor

Channels Unavailable

Message 1 of 3
(1,895 Views)

I keep getting a message that "this channel is currently unavailable" with respect to all channels on my HDDVR box.  This includes all local channels.  Meanwhile, I can still see the channel guides and recieve On Demand programming, but no regular TV.  Any thoughts on how to solve this (I've already tried resetting my box, and that has failed to work).

2 REPLIES 2
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Channels Unavailable

Message 2 of 3
(1,871 Views)

Sound slike you need to contact Verizon support.  The symptoms are of a box that has not been provisioned correctly and can only be corrected at Verizon's end.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Channels Unavailable

Message 3 of 3
(1,827 Views)

Tune to a bad station, or a station where you get channel unavailable message and then check your Signal to noise ratio -  Click Menu > customer support > in home agent > network diagnostic.   Press OK to start, when it prompts you to, and after it's done - hit INFO to get the technical details.

The first number will display your Inband SNR and give you a number.  if it's 0, or below 32 then you have a cabling problem, and you'll want to unhook your coax cable from the back of the cable box, and rehook it back in - nice and firm.   Do the same at the wall or splitter.       You want that number above 32,  usually 32-36 is a good number to be at.   

If you're getting good numbers there, then it may need the auto correct.   you would click menu > customer support > in home agent > stb auto correct  (set top box)    or it might be, as suggested earlier, a bad cable box and you would need it replaced.   Open a chat session with Verizon, or call 1-800-VERIZON

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title