Channels Unavailable
AndeeP

I keep getting a message that "this channel is currently unavailable" with respect to all channels on my HDDVR box.  This includes all local channels.  Meanwhile, I can still see the channel guides and recieve On Demand programming, but no regular TV.  Any thoughts on how to solve this (I've already tried resetting my box, and that has failed to work).

0 Likes
Re: Channels Unavailable
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Sound slike you need to contact Verizon support.  The symptoms are of a box that has not been provisioned correctly and can only be corrected at Verizon's end.

0 Likes
Re: Channels Unavailable
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Tune to a bad station, or a station where you get channel unavailable message and then check your Signal to noise ratio -  Click Menu > customer support > in home agent > network diagnostic.   Press OK to start, when it prompts you to, and after it's done - hit INFO to get the technical details.

The first number will display your Inband SNR and give you a number.  if it's 0, or below 32 then you have a cabling problem, and you'll want to unhook your coax cable from the back of the cable box, and rehook it back in - nice and firm.   Do the same at the wall or splitter.       You want that number above 32,  usually 32-36 is a good number to be at.   

If you're getting good numbers there, then it may need the auto correct.   you would click menu > customer support > in home agent > stb auto correct  (set top box)    or it might be, as suggested earlier, a bad cable box and you would need it replaced.   Open a chat session with Verizon, or call 1-800-VERIZON

0 Likes