Re: CID display on TV
swedepie

You have my sympathy!

For the sake of maybe seeing it work at least one time, the following steps (basically 4 steps) seem the most reliable way to get your caller ID displaying on your TV screen:

1. MainMenu/Settings/CallerID/AlertDisplay/Disable <-(Step 1).  Roll back out to ...
  2. MainMenu/CustomerSupport/In-HomeAgent//Set-TopBoxAutoCorrection <-(Step 2). (select the proper DVR room/location with the OK button, then 'Right' to run the modified reboot process)
  3. Wait for the power-on "hit Menu" to come back which takes much longer than a regular reboot.  Hit the Menu button to start the STB, plus give it at least a minute or two after the picture comes back in order for initial processes to settle down.
  4. MainMenu/Settings/CallerID/AlertDisplay/Enable <-(Step 3).  Roll back out to ...
  5. MainMenu/CustomerSupport/In-HomeAgent//Reboot <-(Step 4) 

Now turn the STB back on, wait for the TV picture to come back , and wait at least 3 minutes for initial processes to settle.  THEN, try ringing with your cell your FIOS or whatever Verizon digital phone to see if it displays on the screen.  I find this process works about 50% of the time.  It has been as low as 1 in 7 tries in the past.

IF IT WORKS, your caller ID on screen will work for maybe 2 weeks if your lucky.  Sometimes it lasts for only 5 minutes.  And most of all, it will likely stop working without any user knowable event (power surge) happening.  On average for me, it lasts for maybe 2 to 4 or 5 days.   One can see why many users are frustrated with the experience of continual 2-step rebooting in order to re-enable CID ON SCREEN.  Fortunately, in one room, I have an older voice-announce CID unit attached to my phone, which always works!

Good luck! - swedepie

0 Likes
RHO_MRO

You are a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!   Thank you!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes