Cisco STB versus Motorola STB question
rdomdom

I have not had and still do not have consistent audio with my FIOS TV service since Friday.  They only way I have been able to get sound back is to unplug the Cisco STB to reboot.  This only provide a temporary fix because audio only stays for at most 10 minutes.  I lose sound for ALL channels when the audio goes away.  I have done all of the Tier 1/2 troubleshooting with customer support with no success.  After the reading the forums, I saw some people recommend switching to the Motorola STB.  I requested through technical support if I can be switched to a Motorola box since I only have one set top box at my home.  They said they have to contact the sales department.  According to technical support, after speaking with the sales department, the sales department said that I cannot be switched from a Cisco STB to a Motorola STB because at the time of signup, whatever STB you get, you are stuck with it for the life of the contract.  Has anyone heard this policy before?  It is very frustrating because the new STB they are sending me will be the FOURTH Cisco box I will have be provided since I got the service in June 2012

0 Likes
Re: Cisco STB versus Motorola STB question
tns
Master - Level 2

Maybe to be fixed in 1.9.1.  I don't think they started rolling that out to Cisco boxes yet. 

0 Likes