Closed Captions (CC) on Fios 3X installed with QIP7100 2 STB blurry and stretched
Michael_NYC

I just had Fios 3X installed with QIP7100 2 STB - the closed captions look like crap. They're blurry, stretched, and nearly unreadible even after changing the settings in the the options menu. Verizon should be ashamed. 

0 Likes
Re: Closed Captions (CC) on Fios 3X installed with QIP7100 2 STB blurry and stretched
Michael_NYC

The CC on Fios Mobile app are very nice. In fact, I've started streaming from my iPhone to my AppleTV because the CC on the STB are just so terrible.

0 Likes
Re: Closed Captions (CC) on Fios 3X installed with QIP7100 2 STB blurry and stretched
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What type of TV do you have and how is it connected to STB?

I have used the CC before at times (when either trying to be quiet or too much noixe in the background) and never had an issue with quality.

I haven't had a 7100 for over a year but can't say I remember seeing an issue.

0 Likes
Michael_NYC

Right now the STB is connected to the LG OLED TV (55EC9300) via HDMI. I can get the TV generated CC which look better if I connected to the STB via coax but the quality of the picture suffers compared to HDMI. They CC just look like they're very low quality, zoomed in, fuzzy, and stretched horizontally. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What channel?

Or is it pretty much bad on all?

0 Likes
Michael_NYC

All channels

0 Likes
NotThatBad

Same here CC on new QIP7100 look like crap... streched HUGE ugly... tried all formatting options , no dice... they wer beauitful before when I havd Cisco TopBox

HELP!!!

0 Likes