CNN channel
Somebodyelse1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a new subscriber to Verizon triple play. I have 4 tvs. 3 have dvr or box. One is connected to the fios cable without box or dvr. This one receives about 40+ channels including some like France 24,but there doesn't seem to be a CNN channel. Is that possible, that basic Verizon does not include CNN?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: CNN channel
Somebodyelse1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ah, that's too bad. Both CNN channels were available with a similar direct wall connection on Cox so I thought it would be the same here. Too bad.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Brennoko
Contributor - Level 1

Connecting a TV directly to the Verizon service provides you with the local channels available in your area. On a TV that does have a Fios STB or DVR these channels would be found between 1 and 49. CNN is not a local channel and would not be available without a STB or a DVR.

0 Likes
Somebodyelse1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ah, that's too bad. Both CNN channels were available with a similar direct wall connection on Cox so I thought it would be the same here. Too bad.

Thanks.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

All the channels are "available" on your set, but channels such as CNN will be encrypted.  Highly unlikely your TV will accept a Verizon Cable card, but if it does you would be able to receive all your channels.  For now Verizon continues to support the older mandate that locals be unencrypted.  A couple other things like the Weather channel are also not encrypted.

Cleora

What is going on what channel is the women march on?

0 Likes
Cleora

I don't understand,  i was abled to view CNN a few days ago.

0 Likes
Cleora

Thank you.  Are you from Verizon ?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes