Coby TV Universal Codes
johnnyga
I recently purchased a Coby TFDVD/1973/ and cannot program the remote I had for the previous TV to the new one. Coby says that it is the responsibility of Verizon to embed the code in their remotes and probably have not done so. A search does not work either. Is it possible that a later remote have the new codes, since Coby TVs are relatively new ?
0 Likes
Re: Coby TV Universal Codes
TomEB
I have the same issue with a COBY TFTV1524 tv. How can we get the codes for this into the remotes or get a new remote that does?
0 Likes
johnnyga
Further to my earlier post. I am halfway there. I talked to a tech from Verizon yesterday and he got me started on using the Verizon remote. I have to use the Coby remote for on/off and volume. I can use the Verizon remote for the rest. Not ideal, but better than nothing. I also EMailed tech support at Coby but have not received a response. By the way, the Verizon Tech was really helpful and informative. He searched several sources and still couldn't come with a code.
0 Likes
TomEB
I have to do the two remote thing also, really wouild like the codes though to get down to one remote.  
0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2
Solution: Buy a universal remote. I'd go with the Logitech Harmony 880. You program it on the web and firmware upload the changes for your site. It is super easy to use and if codes are missing on the Harmony site, your remote can learn them for each device. You add devices, and then if you want, activities, and it then actually turns on/off devices as needed.
0 Likes
johnnyga
Your solution is a good one, except that the remote I am using is free from Verizon and either Coby or Verizon must eventually provide a code. Also, the set is a third set not frequently used. In addition, the Logitech database (according to their Website) does not have the code I am looking for. They are not even fully confident that the remote will learn the code. But most of all, the Logitech remotes range from $125 to $229 and I only paid $200 for the set.
0 Likes