Conecting My Win 10 PC to FIOS TV
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

I have a Arris IPC1100P2 as my "slave" unit for my second TV.  Is it possible to connect my Win 10 PC to  the Arris IPC1100P2 so I can get FIOS TV on the PC.  I would prefer to leave the TV connected to the Arris IPC1100P2 but if necessary, I could disconnect the TV from the Arris IPC1100P2 when I want the PC to have the television.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Conecting My Win 10 PC to FIOS TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NEIL13764 wrote:

I have two issues with using the link that you suggested.  First, the interface is terrible but secondly and more importantly, there are some sports programs which will not show do to some copyright issues.

Does the IPC1100P2 have an HDMI out that I can connect to the HDMI in on my PC?  Would this allow me to see the FIOS TV on my PC?

You actually have an HDMI IN on a PC? First I've heard of that, always been an out as far as I've seen. If the IN is HDCP2.0 compliant, there is no reason you couldn't take a feed from the IPC to the computer via HDMI. The IPC has one HDMI out, which you'll either have to share, or get a HDCP2.0 compliant switch to send to more than one device.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NEIL13764 wrote:

I have a Arris IPC1100P2 as my "slave" unit for my second TV.  Is it possible to connect my Win 10 PC to  the Arris IPC1100P2 so I can get FIOS TV on the PC.  I would prefer to leave the TV connected to the Arris IPC1100P2 but if necessary, I could disconnect the TV from the Arris IPC1100P2 when I want the PC to have the television.

Don't think the box will communicate with your computer as it doesn't have the proper copy protection protocols. You can go to :https://tv.verizon.com/watch/ on your PC and watch Fios that way on the computer.

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

I have two issues with using the link that you suggested.  First, the interface is terrible but secondly and more importantly, there are some sports programs which will not show do to some copyright issues.

Does the IPC1100P2 have an HDMI out that I can connect to the HDMI in on my PC?  Would this allow me to see the FIOS TV on my PC?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NEIL13764 wrote:

You actually have an HDMI IN on a PC? First I've heard of that, always been an out as far as I've seen. If the IN is HDCP2.0 compliant, there is no reason you couldn't take a feed from the IPC to the computer via HDMI. The IPC has one HDMI out, which you'll either have to share, or get a HDCP2.0 compliant switch to send to more than one device.

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, my PC has an HDMI In, I actually use it sometime on my master FIOS unit.

Thanks

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NEIL13764 wrote:

Yes, my PC has an HDMI In, I actually use it sometime on my master FIOS unit.

Thanks

You should be able to connect it to the mini (IPC) with HDMI. Only other issue would be if the PC tries to record the stream, sometimes that will trigger a copy-protection error.

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

I have no intention of trying to record on my PC

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

I have to admit that I was wrong, my HDMI is an out not an in.  Obviously, my solution will not work.  Is there anyway to the the TV signal to broadcast over wifi or bluetooth?

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

TV channels can be viewed through a Verizon set-top-box or their remote viewing options.  The fios one mini boxes can use WiFi.  If your PC has a monitor with multiple HDMI inputs, you could stick a mini box on the back and select a different HDMI input when you want to watch TV.

Remote viewing options are via the web site clem53 provided a few days ago or the fios app on smartphones and tablets.  The web site is a reasonable option to view fios TV on a computer.  Note some channels are not available for viewing via the web site.  I'm not sure if the apps have similar restrictions.  If you want to be able to view all channels, you need to use a set-top-box. 

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

What is the fios one mini boxes which can use WiFi?

0 Likes