Configure HD settings on the Motorola QIP 7100 Fios STB
Shine

How do I over-ride the aspect ratio to lock my HDMI output to 720 x 1280 on my STB regardless of what device is attached?

I have a Motorola QIP 7100 Fios STB. In the manual page 7 section 3 refers to optimizing your QIP receiver. The page outlines how to manually over-ride the aspect ratio of the STB. If I follow the instructions, power off the STB and press the menu button the on-screen menu is supposed to appear. Instead I get a Fios test screen. Even if I disconnect the Fios coax from the back of the box. Nothing I try reveals the STB user setting status. Is this locked out by Verizon?

My TV is able to support 1280 x 720 but the STB is automatically down converting to NTSC 480i whenever I switch it on. Is there any other way to manually over-ride the HD output and lock it to 720p ?

0 Likes
Re: Configure HD settings on the Motorola QIP 7100 Fios STB
Justin46
Legend

Easy.

On the FiOS remote:

Menu ==> Settings ==> Video Settings ==> Video Format ==> hit the enter key, tab to the selection you want, and hit Enter

You might want to set the SD Override option while you are there to control how an SD channels are sent to your TV. I prefer OFF but you might try them all to see which works better for you.

You might also want to try both 720p and 1080i, some TVs just look better with one setting or the other, no matter what their specifications are.

If you really want to make the settings using the built-in dialog within the STB then, on the STB with both the TV and STB powered on:

1) Power (turn the STB off)

2) Select

3) Menu

4) Make your changes

5) Power (saves settings)

6) Power (turns the STB on with the new settings)

You can change the settings either way, both will work, although there are more settings for CC using the STB hardware dialog.

Keller, TX 76248