Confused about HD service
ericpd
Hello,... I just purchased the FiOS Triple Play, scheduled for install Thursday 9/25. I ordered the HD MultiDVR for the family but I'm confused about the Premier TV package. Do I have to order a separate HD programming option in addition to the HD box as they make you do with DirecTV. Or,... does the Premier package include the HD channels I see on their channel listings PDF if you also get the HD receiver. Like I said, with DirecTV, you have to order both the Hardware AND content. I'm not sure I went through this when I ordered online, and the web site isn't very clear about. Thanks for your help on this!
0 Likes
Re: Confused about HD service
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Right now you will get most of the HD's you see on the pdf, excluding the movies or sports stations if you didn't subscribe to them. In a few months Verizon will have another package which might offer some more HD's for a little more money. Enjoy!
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
Standard HD channels come with the set top box. Not like with the other guys. Also Premium HD comes with what ever you subscribe to, as far as HBP, Cinemax, Movies. etc... Example: if you have HBO you het HBO HD, if you have movies you get HD with those. I hope this never changes. If it does, no mater how much I love the service VZ will lose their edge. The other guys wanted me to buy the very expensive DVR box, pay them monthy, and give the box back if I canceled. I still have basic spanish package with them, and have been getting bugged constanty to upgrade. I don't think so. I love FIOS!
0 Likes
ericpd

Hey thanks guys,... I thought that was the case. Coming from DirecTV, they made it clear that in addition to $199+ up front for the HC DVR receiver, AND a monthly site fee to hook the unit up, they also forced you to pay $9.99/mo for HD programming. I think the day is almost upon us where HD programming is no longer a premium, but a standard. I just hope they don't get greedy and ruin this breath of fresh air. Thanks again the clearing that up for me.

0 Likes