Consistent VOD problems
jmaz2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to call and waited on hold for nearly an hour.  I tried online chat and waited nearly an hour as well.  I have given up hope on fixing VOD issues we are having.  Every time we have tried to order VOD (over the last 6 months) there were several errors when trying to purchase but evenutally it would allow us to order after router/STB resets and more errors.  Last night on Hunger Games we had repeated errors during watching of the movie, each requiring us to reset the router and STB and then restart the movie from the beginning.  We finally resorted to watching the end of the movie on the Ipad.  Why should we bother continuing to use FIOS VOD if we are reduced to watching movies on the Ipad?  I might as well use Apple's Itunes to order shows if we cannot consistently view on the large screen. 

Please fix this!  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Is this a modem/router replacement issue?  Reconfigure the Actiontec? Hopeless problems with the entire FIOS VOD system?

Re: Consistent VOD problems
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have been having. I have copied your post to our private support board so we can get more information on this. Please refer all correspondences to this thread and discontinue posting on this one.

0 Likes
Rickstar
Enthusiast - Level 1
No VOD after 12am daily. Unless you work bankers hours VOD (and customer service) is useless.
0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We have not received a response in reference to your issue. Please repost if you are still experiencing a problem.

Tonya D.

0 Likes
HowYaDoin

I haven't been able to watch anything on VOD for a week! I've spent two nights trying to get answers from Verizon Customer Support--the first night, 12/30/12, after 45 minutes on hold I was told that there was an intermittent outage in my area that would be fixed on 12/31 (they said the outage had been going on for weeks). It is now January 2 and I still can't watch VOD. I tried chat support this time, but after 30 minutes of waiting, I gave it--it's not like they were really going to solve the issue. 

Does anyone have any suggestions--other than switching to Cablevision?

I will also mention that when I attempted to view the status of the trouble ticket I opened the other day, my browswer got caught in an endless loop trying to re-login. No wonder the support queues are so long!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Clear your cache and cookies and try the trouble ticket again.

0 Likes
Customer service
verizsuk

How do I report an operator who when I ask to speak to a supervisor put me a hold for an hour until my battery went dead

0 Likes
verizsuk

switching sounds good, 5 hours on hold today for verizon, cutomer service is the worst

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@verizsuk wrote:

switching sounds good, 5 hours on hold today for verizon, cutomer service is the worst

If you still have TECHNICAL issues, you can contact Technical Support via live chat from http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/  or by calling 1-888-553-1555.

If you have been on hold for more than 30 minutes, I would call back; sometimes it is timing.  The worst hold time I have heard was during Hurricane Sandy.

By the way, no company would be cruel enough to relish the thought of having customers on hold.

If you need to make changes to your account and have been trying to reach customer service, you can try contacting one of the local stores and they can likely help you.  This could save you time from calling the 1-800 number.  

If you need to have an issue escalated, speak with a Store Mgr. and explain your situation.

For a list of stores go to:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

0 Likes
Nspags

Having the same issue with VOD.   Have reset the equipment with no luck.   

0 Likes