Control of Fios One box with Logitech Harmony remote
Richardmr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgraded my DVR to a Fios One vms4100 box. The previous set top box was able to be completely controlled with my Logitech Harmony 650 remote. Since upgrading the box, I am unable to use the "rewind" function. The Fios remote works properly but the Harmony remote will not operate the rewind function even though the light on the Fios box flashes indicating its receiving the command.

Although all the other functions on the remote appear to work (I haven't used all the functions on the new box yet though) without reprogramming the Harmony, I did connect the remote to my computer and removed the old DVR box model and entered the new Fios One box model in order to rule out remote code software. The remote is up to date with the latest Fios one box  model and remote codes now and the box is receiving the commands, but it's not working this rewind function (and possibly others).

I've seen this question raised previously but it was never answered. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Control of Fios One box with Logitech Harmony remote
Richardmr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Speaking to Logitech, we attempted to troubleshoot all possibilities. Finally, they stated the only possibile way to make the Harmony remote work with the Verizon one box was to have Verizon send me the Pronto Hex codes for the remote.

Anyone know how to request those? 

0 Likes
Re: Control of Fios One box with Logitech Harmony remote
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Richardmr wrote:

Speaking to Logitech, we attempted to troubleshoot all possibilities. Finally, they stated the only possibile way to make the Harmony remote work with the Verizon one box was to have Verizon send me the Pronto Hex codes for the remote.

Anyone know how to request those? 

I'll run it past support and see what they can tell me. In the mean time, check with Fios support on Twitter or on DSL Reports, Verizon Direct. https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect