Cross-reference Digital channel RF xx-xxxxx numbers to local affiliate numbers
sarasota_chuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently tried out my digital tuner on my Sony and after taking about an hour to scan all the channels available on Verizon's cable it displayed the first channel like this, "C3.1 WEDU-DT".  This is the Public Broadcasting station out of Tampa, Florida.

I am not familiar with this 'point' type system; example, "forty four point one" =  (44.1)

Some of the channels my TV tuned in don't have a callsign or network assigned to them.  I didn't want to scroll through 200 channels to maybe find the network I was looking for.

I wanted a guide to tell me where the network stations were so I could punch in the numbers with my remote-control and go directly there.  I found a listing on the internet that told me the networks name (ABC, FOX, NBC...) and the digital number to punch in.

Go to this link and use your zip code number to get a list of all the local broadcasting stations in your area.

http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29

The digital channel you want to tune to is listed in the "(virt)" column. Not all the channels in your list will be available, but most will.  Also, all of these channels are of the "point one" type.  What is not listed are the sub-channels like; point-two, point-three and so on.  One station, like WEDU (3.1), will transmit other channels like (3.2) and (3.3).  These sub-channels have completely different programming than the "point-one" channel.

Re: Cross-reference Digital channel RF xx-xxxxx numbers to local affiliate numbers
Hubrisnxs
Legend
www.silicondust.com/support/channels/

that also has the rf numbers to local's  - just make sure to do your zip and at the top change your tv provider to fios. 

0 Likes