Data connectivity issue on set top box
Venhaus
Just moved a hd stb from one room to another. Both rooms have working stb's in them so I know the outlets are hooked up.

The HDTV box that I moved is giving me a data connectivity error which means I can still get sd tv but no HDTV channels or a menu guide. I have rebooted multiple times using the in-home app with no success.
0 Likes
Re: Data connectivity issue on set top box
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Venhaus wrote:
Just moved a hd stb from one room to another. Both rooms have working stb's in them so I know the outlets are hooked up.

The HDTV box that I moved is giving me a data connectivity error which means I can still get sd tv but no HDTV channels or a menu guide. I have rebooted multiple times using the in-home app with no success.

Please describe what you mean by "data connectivity error."

0 Likes
Venhaus
After I power on the stb it shows an error message "your set top box has no data connectivity. Per "info" for details."

When I press "info" I get another error message saying the same thing with a code IP00 with the option to reboot the stb or watch tv. I have rebooted multiple times with no success. I can actually watch tv but only in sd with no HDTV channels and with a lot of the menu/guide features not available. Again this is a high def stb (we have 2 of the same model in other rooms that work just fine)
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Have you tried moving the HD STB back to where it came from (where it worked) to confirm that it is not a new location outlet issue?

0 Likes
rivfelipe1

same thing happened in our house. only differance is that none of the boxes were moved from their original rooms. Two of our set top box and our hd box. Verizon closed. any advice?

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3
Same IP00 code here when I tried to setup new DVR just now. After about half hour on phone with V-agent (third phone call!) and all the usual unplug everything requirements, the final story was that Verizon is upgrading something and that is preventing my box from going through setup. This just adds frosting to my cake of woe with verizon (box replacement is in desperation to resolve 12 day repair ticket).
0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3
Oh, should have added that he said the update should be completed by 5:00 AM Pacific time
0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

for what it's worth - here on west coast I still get the same "no data connectivity" error and am unable to setup my replacement dvr.

So, either the info I got last night about update in progress being the cause was wrong, or they are running late with the update.  I can't deal with contacting them yet again to ask, too many hours spent with agents who do not have the information they need to help. Training seems to consist of teaching them to say "I understand" and "I apologize for the difficulty you are having". Pitiful

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

This issue has been resolved for me, multiple attempts all morning, finally worked! Woohoo, I now have a working DVR! And, thanks to the help from members of this forum, I didn't lose all my settings (Favorites and series recording setups) - was able to restore from the Cloud with absolutely no trouble! A big thank you all for that, absolutely would not have known to Save to Cloud before disconnecting my old box (and Verizon didn't even mention the possibility when they said box needed to be replaced). This forum is such a great resource.

cbrowntx2300

I still get the error message " No data connectivity" on my set top box (STB).  I press the info button and see the same error code you got.  I used the home agent to reset, reset.  I power cycled (a good Technician term) the STB.  I unplugged the power cord and plugged it back into the STB.   I haven't moved the box.  I changed the batteries in my remote.

Any ideas? (In North Texas).

Oh, my living room STB is the same model and brand.  It works just fine. 

0 Likes