Daylight Saving Time change affects DVR schedule
bkoopers
Enthusiast - Level 3

On the morning of Sunday, Mar. 13 (after time was advanced an hour for Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 am earlier in the morning), I noticed that the scheduled start time for 2 scheduled manual recordings were set to start one hour later than the correct time. The start times for the other scheduled recordings that were previously set up by selecting the show in the program schedule were all still correct. There were two other anomalies: One scheduled recording that was previously set to start 5 minutes early was now set to start on time (so I had to adjust it back to 5 minutes early). Lastly, a manual recording that I had deleted from the recording schedule months ago was back in the scheduled recordings list and I had to delete it again.

When Daylight Saving Time ended months ago and the clocks were set back an hour, I noticed a similar problem also affecting only scheduled manual recordings. On the Sunday of the change, I had to manually correct those start times but the next day I found them off an hour in the opposite direction and I had to correct them again. This time, I did not fix the start times on Sunday and waited until the next day (Monday) and rechecked the schedule and found that those 2 scheduled manual recordings were now correct (the system fixed itself).

Although the DVR schedule did fix itself a day later, I did miss a recording on Sunday morning because it did the recording an hour late. The schedule for the following Sunday was fixed the next day by itself but I still missed that one recording.

Is this a known problem with the DVR software?

0 Likes
Re: Daylight Saving Time change affects DVR schedule
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

This is a known bug that Verzion has chosen to ignore correcting - or at least it seems that way since this has been reported virtually every time there is the change from or to DST.  My guess is that since it is time based and not program based it gets placed on the schedule before the time switch and hence moves the 1 hour for the period covered by the guide at that time.  It corrects when more guide info comes in and the future recordings should be fine.

0 Likes
bkoopers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does this also explain why the "5 minutes early" disappeared from one series scheduled recording and why a months old deleted program was put back on the schedule? Are these also partt of the unfixed Daylight Saving Time change bug?

0 Likes
bkoopers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed today that my two scheduled manual recordings (one Saturday morning and one Sunday morning) were set to start one hour earlier than the correct time (so I missed both shows). In the past, that only happened when Daylight Saving Time starts or end. This is the first time it happened at another time of the year. Does anybody know why the recording time changed?

In order to correct the the start time, I had to delete and re-add the manual recording. When you select  "Modify Series" in the DVR menu, it does not let you change the start time to a different specific time. In fact, it does not even tell you what time it is set for. You cannot tell what time it is set for unless you select "View scheduled recordings" (but you cannot make changes in that screen). They should change the "Modify Series" screen to show and let you set a specific start time (especially due to this "bug" in the software that occasionally changes the "Start time" without notice).

0 Likes
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

So. here we are, 5 years later, and this is still an issue. I'm tired of having to notice that there is a problem and manually fixing it by editing and saving each manual series. My Manual Series entries are correct, but the Scheduled Recordings is wrong. Is there any hope that this will ever be fixed? I have a QIP-7216 P1.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over five years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes