Deceptive Billing - horrible customer support
bwebb71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Excuse me while I vent for a moment --

Awhile back I upgraded to FiOS Quantum and had nothing but problems in the beginning.  Luckily Verizon was able to fix the issues and offered me 6 months of HBO for free.

Ok, nice enough.  But the part that they left out was that I would need to cancel HBO after the 6 months or I would be billed for it going forward.  Shame on me for not checking my bills, but I just realized the "free" HBO I was offered ended in September 2015 and I have been being charged $19.99 a month for it since.  I never even watch HBO so didn't even notice it was still activated and like I said, I do the automatic payment and rarely check the details of my bill.  Obviously I need to start now.

By my calculations, Verizon has been charging me an extra $20 per month for 8 months not only for something I didn't even know I had, but also something I never agreed to.  That's $160 Verizon has unknowingly pilfered from me. 

Once I realized this scam has been part of my bill, I immediately called support.  I spoke with some woman who was baffled that this had happened.  She agreed that I was due a refund but, according to her, she was unsure how to process it.  She told me she would have to talk to a manager and assured me that someone would call me back.  Well that was like a week and a half ago and not one phone call back and I am still being charged for HBO!  I have limited free time to call and waste time with incompetence so I have not yet had a chance to call back, but I don't feel I should have to.  I've already logged a complaint.  Now the responsibility lies with Verizon. 

This needs to be taken care of immediately or I will contact the BBB. 

0 Likes
Re: Deceptive Billing - horrible customer support
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bwebb71,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes