Default power on channel BESIDES last viewed or FIOS1?
gsanders300
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd like to have my cable box automatically turn on to a specific channel (in my case, because I have kids, NickJr/754) rather than last channel viewed or FIOS1.  Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Likes
Re: Default power on channel BESIDES last viewed or FIOS1?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Doesn't have the option.

If you know you are going to turn on at a specific time, you can go to the program/chanel and set a reminder.

But to just randomly turn on and go to a specific channel, no.

Puckyhuddle

It does (or did) have this option because I set it to turn to NBC when powered on.  Now I want to change this but there does not seem to be the option any longer. 

0 Likes
HelpPlease_01

I’m having the same issue.  I had Fios TV installed yesterday and set a default channel which I want to change.  I can’t remember how I set the channel as a default but I can NOT figure it out how to change the default channel again.  I can’t find it anywhere.  I just did it yesterday.  Any help would be appreciated.  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings, System, Fios TV One settings, Power on Channel. Set to what you want to see when box powers back on.

0 Likes
epie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello - I am having this same issue.  I set channel when I initially installed Fios One box however I cannot find setting to turn this off.  I have gone into Settings—>System—>Fios TV One Settings and I do not see an option to toggle this channel.  I see an “Auto Power Off” setting that allows me to prevent the box from going into standby but nothing regarding default channel.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@epie wrote:

Hello - I am having this same issue.  I set channel when I initially installed Fios One box however I cannot find setting to turn this off.  I have gone into Settings—>System—>Fios TV One Settings and I do not see an option to toggle this channel.  I see an “Auto Power Off” setting that allows me to prevent the box from going into standby but nothing regarding default channel.

Menu>settings>system>media client settings>power on channel. Not sure if it lets you choose a specific channel anymore though.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes