Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Delay in programming from TV to TV

thebluman
Contributor
Contributor

Delay in programming from TV to TV

Message 1 of 4
(2,248 Views)

I have multiple TVs each with different STBs.  There is a delay between the TVs.  Which makes watching sports in multiple rooms very difficult.  My son cheers for the score from one room while I am just watching the play start in another.  How do I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
bob428
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Delay in programming from TV to TV

Message 2 of 4
(2,229 Views)

Assuming your watching via a DVR.  I've noticed that my DVR when in live view is slightly delayed ~5 secs as compared to just a STB HD box.  This is presumably due to the extra time that it takes to record to the DVR.  I don't think there is anything you can do to delay the signal, but to have your son watch the game with you.

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 3 of 4
(2,218 Views)

@thebluman wrote:

I have multiple TVs each with different STBs.  There is a delay between the TVs.  Which makes watching sports in multiple rooms very difficult.  My son cheers for the score from one room while I am just watching the play start in another ...

Aside from wrapping your son's head in duct tape or bricking up the passage between rooms (smile), I'm afraid there's little that can be done.

Each device (STB) has different response characteristics that are inherent to that device.  For example, there is a decided difference in transmission times between Hi Def and Standard Def signals.  Then there are time differences related to different models of STBs themselves.  Finally, there are characteristics of your video displays that cannot be synchronized.

Incidentally, I was only funning when I suggested duct tape above.  I myself use a staple gun.

Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(2,193 Views)

Also try hitting the FiOS TV button when you hear them out of sync, and that should catch them up if you have a situation where a buffer is happening. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title