Delay in programming from TV to TV
thebluman

I have multiple TVs each with different STBs.  There is a delay between the TVs.  Which makes watching sports in multiple rooms very difficult.  My son cheers for the score from one room while I am just watching the play start in another.  How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Delay in programming from TV to TV
bob4281
Enthusiast - Level 2

Assuming your watching via a DVR.  I've noticed that my DVR when in live view is slightly delayed ~5 secs as compared to just a STB HD box.  This is presumably due to the extra time that it takes to record to the DVR.  I don't think there is anything you can do to delay the signal, but to have your son watch the game with you.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@thebluman wrote:

I have multiple TVs each with different STBs.  There is a delay between the TVs.  Which makes watching sports in multiple rooms very difficult.  My son cheers for the score from one room while I am just watching the play start in another ...

Aside from wrapping your son's head in duct tape or bricking up the passage between rooms (smile), I'm afraid there's little that can be done.

Each device (STB) has different response characteristics that are inherent to that device.  For example, there is a decided difference in transmission times between Hi Def and Standard Def signals.  Then there are time differences related to different models of STBs themselves.  Finally, there are characteristics of your video displays that cannot be synchronized.

Incidentally, I was only funning when I suggested duct tape above.  I myself use a staple gun.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also try hitting the FiOS TV button when you hear them out of sync, and that should catch them up if you have a situation where a buffer is happening. 

0 Likes