Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Delay, video, short pauses jittery video Quantum Fios Garbage

bhenry001
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Delay, video, short pauses jittery video Quantum Fios Garbage

Message 1 of 3
(981 Views)

We have been experiencing frustrating issues since we started using FIOS a year ago.  I just want to pass along something interesting:

Turn on the closed captions options and the video pauses and jitteryness reduces by about 90%!  They are annoying but it better than the stupid constant pausing while watching a program live.  I am getting a TV antenna. 

Bruce

2 REPLIES 2
schinfchin
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Delay, video, short pauses jittery video Quantum Fios Garbage

Message 2 of 3
(933 Views)

I experienced the same problem spodadically on certain channels. In other words, the channel I'm watching is all jittery, other channels are not.

But I found that if I hit the rewind button, go back 10 or 20 seconds, the problem goes away. I tried explaining it to my wife, and the best explanation I came up with is that since FIOS in a digital format, newly arrived data packets are not well organized whereas those from 20 seconds ago had time to organize themselves, eliminating the pauses.

JKCOOL
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Delay, video, short pauses jittery video Quantum Fios Garbage

Message 3 of 3
(924 Views)

I found rewinding works about 50% of the time because sometimes it just pauses or skips again in the same place.  But it does work.  That is the main reason I turned on the closed caption to read when it was paused or skipping, thought at least I could do that.  It ended up pausing and skipping less.

Sure wish I had a packet scanner so I could see what is going on the network.  Always wondered if my coaxil cabling job was not very good.  

Thanks,

Bruce

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title