Deleting MULTIPLE recorded programs
MyNurry

Ok so what happened??  At first I had to delete each program individually and then for a while all I had to do was click on the folder and it gave me the option to delete all of the recordings in that folder at once.  Today I noticed it has gone back to making me delete each recording individually.  WTW???  I like the option of deleting multiple recordings at once.  😞  What happened and can i make it go back?

0 Likes
Re: Deleting MULTIPLE recorded programs
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I believe Series Recordings go into a folder, and others are listed separately. If you changed something in a Series Recording configuration, it may have changed how it is stored?

0 Likes
DRHouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any way to delete multiple programs at once? I don't think this question was properly addressed. My regular FIOS DVR (before I got multi-room) let me delete everything in deleted folder with one click. Multi-room I have to delete each program separately, and I have over 100 shows that need deletion. It seems incredible that there is no way around this. Please advise-

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Last I checked (just the other day) when you select a folder (from the DVR not the remote STBs) you can pick delete all.

Are you trying from DVR or other STB?

0 Likes
DRHouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

STB. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it from he DVR and if it works I won't forget to give a "Thumbs up".

0 Likes
DRHouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both DVR and STB exhibit same behavior.

DVR/Configure and Upgrade/All Activity

There are currently no items available in the history list

DVR/Configure and Upgrade/Recent Deletes

There are many shows listed here, none in folders but many of the same program name, all with the option to Restore and Delete. With the option to restore are they taking up disc space? Do I need to delete them again?

These are the programs I am having to delete one at a time.

Am I wrong in assuming that if I had deleted an entire folder in the beginning instead of a single episode from that folder that the entire folder could have been deleted with one click?

Any and all help is appreciated because I am only an egg.

0 Likes
gowestie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tested the folder delete and if you delete the folder it will put each show individualy into the deleted area. If you want to empty out the deleted area you would then need to delete each show from the folder individually.

DRHouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. You've been a big help. One criticism, though.

Before we enrolled in your Multiroom Program just some 3 weeks ago (July 2014) we had just received your newest DVR update (you'd have to look the equipment numbers up.) On these machines, when you deleted a folder OR a single episode and it went into recent deletes, you could delete everything, multiple folders AND multiple episodes with one click. When you have a machine that does that you should incorporate that feature into all models.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why care about those?

This feature allows you to restore a program that was accidentally deleted.

As time passes and you record more programs, this list clears as these programs are replaced by others.

0 Likes