Deleting recorded programs
dvdrttr

Does anyone know how to delete an entire folder of recorded programs (other than one by one)?  For example, if I have 3 episodes of Boston Legal, I currently delete them one at a time.  I wondered if anyone found a way to delete all 3 (i.e. the folder) at one time.

Thanks.

Dave

0 Likes
Re: Deleting recorded programs
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
AFAIK the only way is one at a time Smiley Sad
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

This question was actually brought up to our IMG development group a while back as to the viability of enabling a feature like this.  Currently there aren't any plans to implement a feature like this because of the potential problems it will cause.  Some one could very easily delete the entire folder on accident and once done it cannot be undone.  Could cause a lot of grief for people. 

TS

0 Likes
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1

Sanchez:

In another post/thread you told the poster to think of the DVR as a PC not simply a STB --that was regarding an assign IP address for multiroom streaming.

With that in mind, since the DVR has an internal hard drive --like a PC, it would seem logical that the DVR would be subject to fragmentation as files/recordings are added and deleted over time.

Is there a way to defrag the hard drive?

Message Edited by kvelling on 11-10-2008 11:06 AM
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

That is correct and unfortunatly there is no defragmentation utility that we can use here.  Motorola was kind enough however to provide us with a way to format the hard drive using either your remote or buttons from the front panel.  This actually happening is pretty rare but has been known to happen on occasion. 

TS

I should probably add a little more info to this.  If you are getting pixelation etc on recorded programs the most likely culprit is something was wrong with the picture during the recording.  But as i stated above it has been observed that the hard-drive needed to be formatted(you will lose all recordings) to resolve the problem. 

Message Edited by TheSanchez on 11-10-2008 08:20 AM
0 Likes
Deleting recorded programs
dvdrttr
Thanks for the response.  Now if they could just get rid of the GIAGANTIC info bar in the Guide (on the 'highlighted' selection).  For its size, it doesn't give much information.
0 Likes