Detailed DVR Guide?
lesleyr

I am an experienced DVR user -- Tivo, Comcast, Dish.  I am new to FIOS and I am frustrated because I can't find any detailed instructions about DVR use.  For example, I want to know how long you can pause live TV (e.g. on my Tivo I can pause for 30 minutes and then it starts playing).  Can I pause one channel, swap to another and pause that and then go back to the first?  Will it still be paused?  If I'm watching a recorded show is there a limit to how long I can pause it?  Does it matter if the show is in progress?

I recorded the football game today and starting watching at the beginning while the game was in progress.  I paused and left the room for some time and when I returned it had jumped to live TV, far ahead of what I had previously seen.  This doesn't happen on any of the other 3 DVRs I have used.  What did I do wrong?

Can anyone answer these questions?  Is there a guide? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Detailed DVR Guide?
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
MRR21

I agree.  The guide shows how to set up but not how to use the DVR.  How do you delete a show that was recorded?  Many other questions--where can you find the information on how to use?   Thanks.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@MRR21 wrote:

I agree.  The guide shows how to set up but not how to use the DVR.  How do you delete a show that was recorded?  Many other questions--where can you find the information on how to use?   Thanks.

Have you tried the help selection under the DVR menu?  I believe there are on-demand tutorials that might help you better understand the DVR.

0 Likes