Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Difficulty in getting customer support

MrBethesda
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Difficulty in getting customer support

Message 1 of 2
(2,477 Views)

I have two problems with FiOS Customer Support:  Trying to print a list of channels available im my area and trying to get a human being from Verizon to respond to inquiries online.  I started at the Residential Support  help site. 

First, this page --- http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiostv/overview.htm?info=c#channels -- lists all the channels availabe for my area with these notations:

Tier 1: Prime HD
Tier 2: Extreme HD
Tier 3: Ultimate HD
Tier 1 has 160 channels, 2 has 253 and 3 has 317.   I don't know which tier I have but it is apparently not listed.  I assume it's tier 1 but when I try to get some of the channels listed as HD, it says "This set-top box does not support HD channels."  Why can't I get such a simple thing as a listing of the channels I have access to?  Is this too much to ask of Verizon?  
Second, trying to explain any problem using the Verizon/FiOS website is impossible.  On a Monday afternoon I ran into this:  "LIVE CHAT not available."  When IS it available if not during normal business hours?  Next I tried  "Send an Email" , which got me a form to complete.  However,  it was extremely limited in the choices it forced me to make---none described my problem.  To top it off the user is given the grand sum of 70 characters to explain a problem.  How can ANY problem be explained in 70 characters?
So then I clicked on "Do you want to try another option? "  That only got me back to the Residential Support  help site.   As in the past, I've found it extremely difficult to get through on the internet to anyone in Verizon.  All I get are boilerplate emails which usually don't address my question.
Is Comcast worse? 

1 REPLY 1
phinney5350
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Difficulty in getting customer support

Message 2 of 2
(2,451 Views)

Sorry you're having difficulty getting a live person. It isn't always easy. When the auto attendant starts talking, just overtalk her her and say AGENT please. You may have to do this several times. As for your line up, go by the color dots In order to see HD television you must  have a gray colored box AND a high def tv. You should get all local stations in High Def at no extra charge. Hope this helps. By the way, Comcast or Xfinity (whatever the name is today) is not any better. Good Luck!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title