Dish Network or Fios TV?
mowerman
Dish network keeps trying to get me to come back. I like the Fios but lost a few Channels.  I miss the Golf Channel which was in Dish Networks standard programming but on fios its 8 dollars more per month.  Th reason I switched was for the HD offer,cant hardly watch regular definition anymore. Who is better?
0 Likes
Re: Dish Network or Fios TV?
dimi1963
Enthusiast - Level 1
I too have switched form Dish to FIOS back in January, and I have never looked back since. Dish tried to get me back they called almost every day for about two weeks, but I am really happy with FIOS. The PQ is way better than Dish, and now that they have added more HD channels (100 in the NY area) I am a happy camper. As for the Golf Channels, are you sure is $8.00 a month? I subscribe to the sport package (I actually subscribe to the everything packageSmiley Happy) and it's only $7.00 a month but it's not just the Golf Channel it's all the sport's channels available, with the exception of Setanta.
Message Edited by dimi1963 on 08-08-2008 08:17 AM
0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
I think your both getting screwed. I have the Premier movie package and recnely added the sports package and it is costing me $5.00 a month extra. They also boosted my 5/2 internet speed to 10/2 at no extra cost.
0 Likes
mowerman
That is true you do get more than just the Golf Channel for your $8.  But golf is probably the only one i would watch. Just dont want to get nickel and dimed to death. Dish is also calling me at least twice a week to try and get me to come back....I think I will stick with Fios......
0 Likes
mowerman
As far as us getting screwed..... maybe but when I signed up they boosted my internet from 5/2  to 20/20 for the same price.  Part of having the Triple freedom package..... Internet TV and Home phone .... you also can add wireless for even a better rate
0 Likes