Distinguishing First Run and Rerun for DVR Recording
betourne1
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you want to record a series, not just a single show, the only choice you have is to record BOTH First-Run episodes AND Reruns.  I note that Direct TV users and TiVo users have a choice when recording a series by selecting First Run Only or First Run and Repeats.  Without this discriminate, shows that repeat habitually throughout the day and week are recorded.  This is a major inconvenience if your recording are almost exclusively series TV shows.  It becomes very inconvenient for series broadcast on HBO, where throught the week multiple series and reruns--for example Boardwalk Empire--are all playing in a single week.  The lack of this feature--that other services already have--is a major shortcoming.

0 Likes
Re: Distinguishing First Run and Rerun for DVR Recording
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Yes FiOS DVR has the same option avaialable. 

Go to the DVR menu, select the series manager , select the series you want to modify and there are many options (including first run only, modify start or end time, selected or any channel, etc.).

0 Likes
SJIrish15

You state "Go to the DVR menu, select the series manager , select the series you want to modify and there are many options (including first run only, modify start or end time, selected or any channel, etc.)."

Once I select the series I want to modify I don't see any of those options.  Only choice is to cancel the series.  After I selct the series I want to modify, what specific steps do you do next to actually see those options?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Something odd there.  Which DVR model?

Should be press DVR button scrool to manage series recordings, press right, scroll to show, press ok,  (options including change priority, modify series and cancel series.  Modify Series. press ok.  Options on that include episodes (first run only/first run and repeats). Scroll to episodes, press enter, change as desired, press ok, push right to save, press ok. close menus, may have to do repeated exits.

You may also want to find the dvr settings to set your default options for creating series recordings.  menu/settings/system/dvr/default series options

0 Likes