Does QIP2500-3 support an IR extender?
stockejl

Would like to put my QIP2500 SD STB in a closet and control my tv with the remote.  There is a plug hole labeled IR but when I insert an IR extender cable the remote does not work.  Need some help on how to make this work.

0 Likes
Re: Does QIP2500-3 support an IR extender?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I am pretty confident that is not an IR extender

i think it's a blaster.    so whatever you get has to be ir blaster styled. 

0 Likes
nXt1
Contributor - Level 1

I tried using the Logitech IR extender, and plugged in directly from the blaster part into a QIP-7216, it did not work, (the front IR on the stb turns off when something is plugged into the back).

Don't know what exactly the IR plug on the back does/active or not. I've posted about this before no one knows

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well only the older series stb's are blaster - the 7100 and 7216 are regular ir remote deals.

in the manuals online I saw that they differentiated them that way.   so for example the 2500, 6200 and 6416 say blaster, while the 7100 and 7216 say IR remote.

i think they are even labeled differently in the back, so I don't use one myself, but it makes me wonder if that matters.

0 Likes
stockejl

Got an answer from Verizon.  The QIP2500 STB does NOT support use of an IR Extender.  Only the HD STBs do.  They added that it was a firmware issue in the 2500 and perhaps a future firmware update will enable use of the IR plug in the back for this purpose/.

0 Likes