Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

DVD player with Fios TV Cable

maldree401
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

DVD player with Fios TV Cable

Message 1 of 6
(6,941 Views)
I am unable to view a DVD with Fios TV cable.  I can view a VHS tape, however.  Also, my remote will not turn off the TV completely -- it turns off the picture but the sound comes on periodically.
5 REPLIES 5
KenAF
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: DVD player with Fios TV Cable

Message 2 of 6
(6,924 Views)

Verizon FiOS does not have anything to do with your DVD player.  You need to make sure your DVD player is connected to the proper inputs on your TV.

It is possible that the Verizon installer disconnected your DVD player when they connected the FiOS STB.  In that case, you'll need to reconnect your DVD player to a different input on your TV.

Message Edited by KenAF on 01-20-2009 10:18 PM
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
cjacobs001
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 3 of 6
(6,909 Views)
If the issue is that your remote control will not turn on your DVD, it has not been programmed to do so or you may not be using it correctly.  As to controlling your TV on-off, it sounds like your remote may nothave the proper code in it for your TV.  You would need to check the codes on the pamphlet that came with the remote, or call tech support
cjacobs001
maldree401
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(6,796 Views)

Thank you for your suggestiions.  If I connect the DVD to the TV and the VCR to the TV,

I don't seem to have any connection between the TV and Verizon Fios.  The picture is fuzzy

and the remote which I have programmed successfully for the DVD and VCR will not

change channels on the TV.   Prior to my disturbing things, TV and Verizon Fios were

working just fine.  Obviously, I have changed the connections, but I cannot figure out what to do. 

maldree401
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(6,710 Views)

Well, the solution I discovered finally on my own(without all the advice from numerous sites) was that I need an RF modulator!

yjohn5217
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(6,649 Views)
I have a RF modulator that I used before Fios installation for my DVD/VCR combo. What did you connect the  RF modulator cables into, etc?  Before Fios, cable went from tv to modulator, antenna  I think went into DVD player and DVD player cable went into modulator.  I forgot how I had my Wii setup.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title