Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

DVDs and FIOS boxes

skaltenmark
Contributor
Contributor

DVDs and FIOS boxes

Message 1 of 4
(1,693 Views)

Is it possible to hook up my Blu Ray / DVD player to the FIOS DVR and be able to watch the DVD on TV?  It seems it should be simple, but it is not going well.  As FIOS box does not have HDMI in port, have had to use yellow, red white video/audio cables to connect the two.  Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
ekem015
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: DVDs and FIOS boxes

Message 2 of 4
(1,678 Views)

You want to connect the DVD or Blu-ray player to the TV itself. In general, that is better practice than connecting to set-top boxes. TVs generally will have a much greater number of inputs too.

skaltenmark
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(1,666 Views)

Have seen that answer before, but TV is hung on wall with cable from FIOS box hidden behind wall.  I am not able to run another cable through the wall and do not want the cable showing.  Thus, only solution is to go through FIOS box.  If it is not possible, then I will move on to other solutions involving connecting directly to TV.

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(1,630 Views)

@skaltenmark wrote:

Is it possible to hook up my Blu Ray / DVD player to the FIOS DVR and be able to watch the DVD on TV?  It seems it should be simple, but it is not going well.  As FIOS box does not have HDMI in port, have had to use yellow, red white video/audio cables to connect the two.  Any thoughts?

Please disconnect that cable as soon as possible - you may damage either the STB or, more importantly to you, your blue-ray player.  The component connections on th back of the DVR are OUTPUTS.  There are no active video inputs on any of the Verizon boxes (component, S-Video, or composite).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title