DVR 7216 just arrived today. Constant HD high pitched spinning noise normal?
jollyroger1

The sound is constant- and because of the pitch I can hear it even with the TV on. Seriously don't want to sit in the living room to watch TV, and if the TV isn't on I definitely don't want to sit in here and have to listen to this. Let's put it this way- it's a good thing this box isn't in the bedroom or we would never get any sleep. Is this "normal"? Perhaps we got a refurbed piece of junk? 3 years ago we had a DVR thru Verizon and it did NOT make this noise.

0 Likes
Re: DVR 7216 just arrived today. Constant HD high pitched spinning noise normal?
RwK2
Only have 3 others to go by but no, that's definitely not normal in my experience. I'd request a replacement.
0 Likes
Re: DVR 7216 just arrived today. Constant HD high pitched spinning noise normal?
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Replace it, harddrives should never be abnormally loud.
0 Likes
uclababe

We just ordered a DVR for the bedroom, I am having the same issue with the 7216.  I am so annoyed by the high pitched squeaking noise.  My boyfriend didn't even notice it, but I made him call and they switched out our box.  Well the new one has the exact same problem.  It is constant unless I unplug the box.  The one in our living room is a Motorola 7232 2 and makes no noise at all.  We will be calling Verizon again.  You can be sure of that.  What did you end up doing?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Strongly advise against a DVR in a bedroom. Even if you get one that doesn't emit abnormally loud sound, you can still hear them in the middle of the night.  When I was with DISH, I put my DVR on a switch so I could have quiet at night.  And DVR's do not like being on such switches.  Currently just have a multi-room DVR in the living room, and STB in the bedrooms.

0 Likes