Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

DVR box making a humming noise

jmcohen23
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

DVR box making a humming noise

Message 1 of 2
(9,920 Views)

Just curious to see if anyone's DVR box is making humming noises (even when in "standby" mode)?

I sounds like a CD player searching for a track on a CD.

I just want to make sure that the box is not broken (everything is working properly as of now) and is not consuming too much energy in "standby" mode.

thanks!

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there. --Yogi Berra
1 REPLY 1
abisdabis
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: DVR box making a humming noise

Message 2 of 2
(9,906 Views)

Yes they do.  I have three HD DVR's and they all do that.  I originally had two and didn't notice the noise.  I ordered a third for my son and after the install all I heard was the drive that sounded like it was continuously searching.  I actually sent it back because there were some other issues that I thought were related....they weren't.  Once that happened I listened a little bit closer to my other boxes and they all do it.  I have three QIP 6416 boxes.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title