Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

DVR capacity

Danny
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: DVR capacity

Message 11 of 15
(5,338 Views)

I tried steps provided by charlesH but it did not work. I was quite confused and did not want to go further as I was afraid that the whole things won't work.

squatch mentioned that reboot was working well. How to reboot it properly?? I imagine that reboot means unplug power cord, wait few seconds then plug again. Am I right or wrong? Anybody pls confirm this. Thx.

CharlesH
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 12 of 15
(5,336 Views)
A proper powercycle is to unplug the cable box for 90 seconds then plugging the power back in.
Danny
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 13 of 15
(5,333 Views)
Then the box will automatically reset itself ot I have to do something?  tell me pls. thx.
TheSanchez
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 14 of 15
(5,330 Views)

The STB will automatically reset itself and reload all of its modules upon plugging it back in.

TS

TheSanchez
Verizon Telecom
Verizon Content Management Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Danny
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 15 of 15
(5,271 Views)
Yes, it works. I rebooted the STB and status now says "0% used and 100% free". The good thing is all schedules are kept, unlike what I imagined before. It means that data for schedules are NOT stored in hard disk. Thx all 4 help. Smiley Happy
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title