DVR deleted all my recordings AND all scheduled recordings are now gone!
deadrabbit

New customer and extremely unhappy so far with QOS. This equipment has been in use for about two weeks now and I cannot believe the DVR spectacularly failed this way.

Oh, and the DVR not only deleted all existing data, it now won't record NEW shows.

I better not be paying full price for this service outage and the time I've lost on shows I recorded but can't watch.

0 Likes
Re: DVR deleted all my recordings AND all scheduled recordings are now gone!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
deadrabbit

Thanks for the cut and paste response - those options do nothing to resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
genephl

This happened again for me today.  Last time was three days ago.  This is the fourth time.  I assume it's a hardware issue?  It's very frustrating and I am about to contact customer service again.

0 Likes
halftheproblem

This happened to me as well. It kept happening for a handful of days where I could reboot and the issue would fix. By the end of the week, the reboot did nothing to bring back my recordings or scheduled recordings. I spent hours online with tech support trying to resolve the issue as it was late at night. Found out that my hard drive was malfunctioning. No fix for that...recordings were gone forever. Good news was that I was getting a replacement shipped out ASAP and did receive it 2 days later (today). Bady news...I got a refurb. My malfunctioning box still had plastic on the front and looked like it was brand new...this refurb definitely does not look brand new. It has already spontaneously restart on me 3 times today. Looks like I may have another winner. I just have my fingers crossed that the restarts are a fluke and it will all be ok. I'm getting a little fed up...especially since now my VOD on demand is out. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

0 Likes
halftheproblem

I kinda repeated myself there...VOD or Video On Demand. Not VOD on Demand.

0 Likes
Mrwaterskiing

Same thinghappened to me. Lost all recordings, scheduled recordings and series.Obviously the hard drive failed and was wiped. How hard could it be to put a decent hard drive in these boxes. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Mrwaterskiing wrote:

Same thinghappened to me. Lost all recordings, scheduled recordings and series.Obviously the hard drive failed and was wiped. How hard could it be to put a decent hard drive in these boxes. 

They do.  But all such things can fail.

0 Likes