DVR deleting shows - delete it and it returns
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

This is strange , but it is happening.

I deleted a show and it then showed back up when i went back in later. Happened more than once.

I had 3 shows in conflict and moved one to a later time. Then i deleted that one.  Then i left the dvr, came back in, and it was there again. SMH.  i tried this multiple times and same result. So it is the dvr.  

When you delete a show, it should be gone and not re-appear when you go back in.

This DVR also does not save settings. When i change sort to oldest first , it doesnt keep that setting. As soon as i leave and come back , it is set to the most recent recording first....which makes no sense.  Why would i want to watch a series out of order. I have to go down down down to watch the bottom most recording because that would be watching it in order. I dont get it. Who designed this dvr?  Needs to have setting save feature so it isnt lost every time we go out of the dvr. 

0 Likes
Re: DVR deleting shows - delete it and it returns
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@gcville wrote:

This is strange , but it is happening.

I deleted a show and it then showed back up when i went back in later. Happened more than once.

I had 3 shows in conflict and moved one to a later time. Then i deleted that one.  Then i left the dvr, came back in, and it was there again. SMH.  i tried this multiple times and same result. So it is the dvr.  

When you delete a show, it should be gone and not re-appear when you go back in.

This DVR also does not save settings. When i change sort to oldest first , it doesnt keep that setting. As soon as i leave and come back , it is set to the most recent recording first....which makes no sense.  Why would i want to watch a series out of order. I have to go down down down to watch the bottom most recording because that would be watching it in order. I dont get it. Who designed this dvr?  Needs to have setting save feature so it isnt lost every time we go out of the dvr. 

I assume you went here to change the priority of the shows: Main Menu > DVR > Configure & Upgrade > Default Series Options>Priority. When you leave the menu your choices SHOULD stick. I'd also try unplugging power to the box for at least 3 minutes and plugging it back in. Try setting your preferences again. Also you should try making the changes on the VMS box, not the mini.

0 Likes