Re: dvr dropping recordings
jmetzner
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's definitely getting worse. I have a friend who just started having the problem this week. Makes tech support's level 2 plan to replace my box look silly. (Level 1 was to reset the box remotely and re-download the software.)

0 Likes
gread

We have two DVR's and we have to check every day to see if the scheduled recordings are still on the list.  Otherwise we have to reset one or both of the DVR's. Then the future recordings are listed.  A pain when we're home, but not so easy when we will be on vacation.  This is a rediculous situation. My Son keeps telling me to get a TiVO.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its been reported that a fix has been fielded in limited sites.

If so, hopefully the rest of us will get it soon.

0 Likes
How5
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you know if you were one of the lucky ones to receive the fix? Will it show up as a change in the release#, build # firmware version etc?? Or to have to keep checking it several times a day to see if it works?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is reported to be version 3.1

But no confirmation of what is in it or when it will be delivered to others.

0 Likes
BT84

So, its not just me, thought i was going crazy and deleting shows in my sleep. Is this going to get fixed soon?

0 Likes
How5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem since March and have spoken to them several times with no resoloution.             Last Thursday, they were able to send me an update while i was on the phone with them and it seems to have fixed it ( It's been 5 days with no issue).

The version you need is:

Release 3.1

Build 06.55

UI version 06.54

Firmware KA15.16.16.03Alder.547911

You can check what version you have by going into menu>settings>system information

0 Likes
dale5351
Enthusiast - Level 3

As to that fix, i.e. upgrade of DVR software to version 6.55 etc :   I first called Verizon about 3 weeks ago and was assured that the upgrade would be pushed to me in a couple of days.  Did not happen.  Called back a week later, and got the same response (service clerk talke to back room tech in both cases).  Upgrade still did not happen.  It finally happened toay (22 June 2016).  Hopefully, the problem will now be cured.  Also hopefully they pushed the same upgrade to others.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is being rolled out in phases. Some got it last Friday.

Others on Wed.

Final batch is projected to be Wed of next week.

0 Likes