Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

DVR drops recorded series

boutym
Contributor
Contributor

DVR drops recorded series

Message 1 of 3
(561 Views)

Every couple of months I will notice a new episode of a series did not get recorded.  When I check the recorded series list will find that it has dropped recording for 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 series I had setup to record, requiring me to setup recording for the missing series again.  It will then record fine for 2-3 months and then randomly drop various series.

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: DVR drops recorded series

Message 2 of 3
(534 Views)

The series recording is dependent on the show information. We receive information from the providers and post for each show the information they give us. There is a flag in the show information which designates whether a show is new or not. If the provider has the flag set incorrectly, when we upload their data to our servers it will be incorrect as well. If you have you series set to record new shows only, then it will omit an incorrectly flagged show. To avoid these error you can set those shows to record new and duplicates that way your show is not missed due to incorrect information in the show details.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: DVR drops recorded series

Message 3 of 3
(529 Views)

If you are talking about dropped recordings over the last few days, 3/18-3/19 in particular, its all about a mistake make that screwed up several channel identifications.  Showed up as at least three problems.

1.  The "C" option on SD channels no longer showed up to switch to the HD version of channels.
  2.  Many channels dropped out of peoples Favorites lists and a few were added.
  3.  Any recordings scheduled on those channels effected by this (if you had a favorite list for them they're the same channels as dropped from the list) were dropped. 
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title