DVR freezing while watching recorded shows
cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

Hello all,

I have the new Motorola 500 GB box - 7232 2.

This issue has happened several times while watching recorded programming:

The show, typically while fast forwarding through commercials, will freeze at a certain point.  I can't get past it.  I can rewind, and try again, but the show will freeze up at the same point once again.  The only solution is to turn the DVR on and off, and then let the recorded program play through the "freeze" spot on normal speed, then fast forward again once we're free and clear through that "freeze" spot.

Any ideas?  Any coded that I need to enter to correct this?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: DVR freezing while watching recorded shows
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi cxg331  --  I sent you a private message to get more information on the DVR problem you've described.  Please get back to me when you're able.  Thanks!

0 Likes
redvwbug

I am having this same problem with the freezing - but I can't get past it.

Additional problem:  Our sytem was "upgraded" on Wed. Oct 26.  Ever since then - our DVR has been recording shows and when we go to play them - all we get is a black screene.  Is this parental controls?  The box says that the parental controls are on - but I can not remove them.

I have about 6 shows that have recorded and all I get are black screens - please help.

0 Likes
steven6330
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had three events of DVR Playback crashing. In fact DVR reset after trying to get past the failure. Couple of observations: The screen pixelates just prior to the freeze. So I know to expect the playback failure within ten seconds of picture problems. It happened to two shows recorded at the same time. I was away for a week and now that I am back, QIP7232P2 was up to 43%. Same  freeze and failure to playback happened at about twenty minutes on both shows. This rarely happened to the old DVR, but it has happened before. We watch almost exclusively thru the DVR.  I suspect a suprious signal is crashing the DVR playback rather than a problem in this new DVR. But this is getting worse and is very frustrating to have recorded a show and I have been able to play them back...

0 Likes
sctrojjon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

yup and verizon says that we need to call them each and evry time this happens whaadaa  heecckk!!!???##%%**  i dont want to take the time to be 1st   off waiting for  alive person to speak with , then again they keep you on the line for too too too much time  only to say they cannot see anything wrong    BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT IN ANOTHER 4 TO SIX MONTHS  IT COULD BE  SOLVED ,   

BUT IN THE MEAN TIME VERIZON COULD SHOW SOME MORE UNDERSTANDING AND GIVE YOU AND I MORE (JUST ) CREDITS EACH MONTH. UNTIL THEY PROVE THERE PRODUCT .  FIOS  IS STILL JUST A BABY WITH A GREAT FUTURE  BUT LOTS OF GROWING PAINS.    i dont mine changing their  boo boo'd pants at least 3 times a week but credit us at months end and that would make it easier to handle

john in apple valley, ca

AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

This is getting ridiculous!  Most new recordings unwatchable. I tried the self-correct option, the

re-boot STB options, the home agent option, refresh devices option- - -on all boxes.

The upgrades should have been further tested before roll-out.

Who has time to call Verizon every time it happens?

1. Multi-Room DVR (Hub enabled)

1 .Stand Alone DVR (Hub enabled)

1. HD STB

0 Likes
imkimmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

My DVR locks up regularly while watching a recorded show.  This just started happening right after we got the new guide.  The only way we can get it to unlock is by turning off the whole set to box.

what can I do to fix this?  Please help tech support....

0 Likes
imisslost

I'm having the same problem. For me, even trying to fast-forward or skip to a chapter won't work.

I called Verizon and the agent started this whole process of rebooting and resetting--just doing her job, of course. At first, the agent seemed confused about what the problem could be, as if it was the first time she'd ever heard of it. A few minutes into the call, I decided to take the blunt approach. I told the agent that this issue is prevalent and the Verizon community is very aware that it is connected to the guide/menu upgrade . I told the agent that I don't want to waste hours on the phone "trying" to fix a problem if she really already knows that she can't. Her tune changed immediately. She was well aware of my issue and said that Verizon even sent an email to staff advising that it's a "known issue." Thanks for saving me time, lady. I really do appreciate your honesty. Smiley Happy

Not much she could do, but she said they're working on a fix. Until then, she suggested a new box. She said that it really does make a difference-- for some people.

0 Likes
Fiosfrustration
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have been a fios customer since I switched A few months back to take advantage of the big discounts that were being offered. During this time frame I have consitantly had dvr issues. Recordings freeze during playback and cannot be recovered, dvr and channel changing is slow and some times in responsive. They Verizon techs have been very cooperative every time I have called, but the same issues continue to happen. I am currently on my 4th dvr box since January. Initially this seems to improve the situation and then the same problems reoccur. I have checked very connection and only have one splitter on my system which is of high quality. The techs on multiple occasions have check my signal and said it is great. My box has 6 in he's of clearance around it so I can't imagine it is over heating. In 4 years I never had an issue with my other provider. At this point I regret switching providers just to save a couple bucks.
0 Likes
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

I have noticed that when my box is sluggish between the guide and going to a new channel, that a new 'Verizon Message' is in the Set-Top-Boxes inbox, once you read and delete those messages sometimes things will get better. It is worth a shot right?

0 Likes