Not huge issues, but has anyone else noticed the following:
1) The progress bar no longer displays during the skip feature.
2) When you press the skip button in close succession it will not skip (in my case 30 seconds) but rather just skip a second forward.
3) The skip button now will return to normal play during fast forwrad.
Reading about the other issues, it seems that this update caused more harm then good.
1) Yes. That was done I think because a number of people complained that the Progress Bar covered up a critical part of the picture when viewing many sports events, and stayed too long. I guess this one is just a matter of opinion, I like that they no longer show it, I want to see the picture immediately. And of course if you really want to see the bar you can just hit the OK button. I think this is a case where Verizon really did listen to the customers (maybe the wrong ones?).
2) Yes, that happens if I hit the button really fast after the previous hit. But for whatever reason I apparently never hit the button that fast, until you mentioned it and I tested it, I had never seen it.
3) Yes. So will the Previous button. I kinda like it, I now have the choice of three buttons to hit to stop a FF.
Overall, I think the upgrade was a step forward, with the very big exception of the PQ on the SD channels on the 6416 HD DVR; thank goodness most of my watching is now HD channels, the SD picture drives me nuts. And if I had the multi-room DVR and experienced all of the problems people seem to be having with that, I would be really upset there too.
Just my opinion, yours may be different of course.
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.6.0, Build 06.89
I am not happy with this at all. Why couldn't they give you the option to show the progress bar? I like to know how far into a show I am when I am using the skip function - moreover since the 10 second skip no longer is 10 seconds it took me a while to realize because there was no progress bar.
Verizon has the ability to give user selectable options to turn features on and off (like the magnification on the guide) - why not use them? To keep on changing an interface without the option to change back is hardly an upgrade.
I went into the settings menu and changed my skip function from 1 minute to 10 seconds and it worked on my HDDVR 6416. I tried the 10, 30 and 1 minute forward settings and they all seem to work on my 6416 after 1.6 update in FL.
I did something similar on mine. Even though the rewind was set to 10 seconds and the fast foward was set to 30 seconds I changed them both to 1 minute, then back to 10 and 30 seconds respectively. This seems to have fixed the issue.