DVR keeps pausing during live and recorded playback
tward392
Enthusiast - Level 3

DVR keeps pausing during live and recorded playback.  After a while of this it will reboot.

Does the same watching recorded shows from other minis and the other DVR.

Is this a sign that the hard drive is going bad?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR keeps pausing during live and recorded playback
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@tward392 wrote:

DVR keeps pausing during live and recorded playback.  After a while of this it will reboot.

Before you do anything else, check the coax connection to the erratic DVR. Make sure it is tight, and the other end is also connected tightly. If it keeps messing up, try swapping it for the other DVR in the system and see if the problem moves with the DVR. If it does, get Verizon to give you a new DVR. If it doesn't you most likely have a bad splitter or bad coax going to the original DVR location.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@tward392 wrote:

Before you do anything else, check the coax connection to the erratic DVR. Make sure it is tight, and the other end is also connected tightly. If it keeps messing up, try swapping it for the other DVR in the system and see if the problem moves with the DVR. If it does, get Verizon to give you a new DVR. If it doesn't you most likely have a bad splitter or bad coax going to the original DVR location.

tward392
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for that.  As I was reading it I was thinking, how the heck could the coax come loose, then I remembered seeing the dogs in that corner looking out the window right next to where the coax goes into the wall plate.  That connection was loose, I tightened it and haven't had an issue, so I believe this fixed it.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes