DVR losing power, resets itself frequently and freezes alot
MHall4

I have watched my TV over the last several weeks and find that our DVR VNS box is experiencing freezing pictures, glitchy reception that blinks out and returns seconds later.  We frequently experience picture that disappears multiple times and then goes blank, loses power, and resets itself, reboots, and returns to the Home Screen.  We’re starting to think the box is losing power or is not maintaining program input.  Should we get a replacement?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR losing power, resets itself frequently and freezes alot
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MHall wrote:

I have watched my TV over the last several weeks and find that our DVR VNS box is experiencing freezing pictures, glitchy reception that blinks out and returns seconds later.  We frequently experience picture that disappears multiple times and then goes blank, loses power, and resets itself, reboots, and returns to the Home Screen.  We’re starting to think the box is losing power or is not maintaining program input.  Should we get a replacement?

Sounds like either the unit itself or the power source is going bad. Do you have it plugged into a power strip or surge-supressor? If not, I'd call Verizon and get a new Fios box.

View solution in original post

Re: DVR losing power, resets itself frequently and freezes alot
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MHall wrote:

Sounds like either the unit itself or the power source is going bad. Do you have it plugged into a power strip or surge-supressor? If not, I'd call Verizon and get a new Fios box.