DVR Recordings
dcrooks1

My service was interrupted for the past day or so and just got it working.  The shows I have scheduled to record are listed, but they fail to play.  Am I going to be able to see them or are they really gone?  TIA!

David L. Crooks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR Recordings
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

If they will not play, they are likely gone.

If they were set to record during the interruption, it probably register that it was supposed to record but there was nothing there. So it is basically a place holder.

If they were recorded before the interruption, then they may have been damaged.

You could try to reboot the stb (unplug, wait 15 seconds, plug back in) and see if you can playback then. If that doesnt work, you can call tech support and have them initialize the box and see if that helps. If those dont do the trick then they are lost.

View solution in original post

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

If they will not play, they are likely gone.

If they were set to record during the interruption, it probably register that it was supposed to record but there was nothing there. So it is basically a place holder.

If they were recorded before the interruption, then they may have been damaged.

You could try to reboot the stb (unplug, wait 15 seconds, plug back in) and see if you can playback then. If that doesnt work, you can call tech support and have them initialize the box and see if that helps. If those dont do the trick then they are lost.

omjjimenez

i have the same issue when i have dvr stuff recorded it starts playing but in the middle of the recording it freezes and shuts my dvr box off. i need answers

@dcrooks wrote:

My service was interrupted for the past day or so and just got it working.  The shows I have scheduled to record are listed, but they fail to play.  Am I going to be able to see them or are they really gone?  TIA!

David L. Crooks

0 Likes
RavensRule
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have sort of the same issue ever since I changed to Fios a year and a half.

Sometimes when I am playing back something on the DVR it will pause, then jump forward to another point in the show. I can't get back to the portion of the show or movie that it skipped. If I rewind it will jump  back to the place where it paused then jump back to the same point later in the show. Anybody else see this issue?

Of course i have tried all the usually things such as resetting, etc...

0 Likes