DVR records every episode
WeinerDog

I want the DVR to record only 4 episodes of certain shows.  For example, Judge Judy.  I set the default to 4 episodes and I went in and changed the series options to only 4 episodes, yet it continues to record every single episode on that channel.  It does this with every single program.  Since I have some cartoon series and my guilty pleasure shows like Judge Judy and Seinfeld, the DVR is filling up fast.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: DVR records every episode
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

Are you sure you are going over to the SAVE icon and pressing OK when you have made your changes?

I've never had a problem with my DVR recording more shows than I set when I go to Modify Series option. 

0 Likes
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1
I just thought of something.  I know there is a way to change the GLOBAL series options, but this may not take effect with series already created.  Press "DVR", go to "Series Manager", then locate and select "Judge Judy".  Select "Modify Series", and change the number of episodes from there.  Make sure to select SAVE to save your settings.
0 Likes
WeinerDog

I've pressed save and when I look at the series info, it says it will only record up to 4 episodes yet it continues to record every one.

It's a real pain to have to keep going into the scheduled recordings and delete all these extra shows.  It does it on all my kids cartoons, kid series and my foolish shows like Judge Judy and People's Court.  And every single one shows that it will record only up to 4 episodes.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Same situation here.  If anyone has an answer, I'm all ears.

@WeinerDog wrote:

I want the DVR to record only 4 episodes of certain shows.  For example, Judge Judy.  I set the default to 4 episodes and I went in and changed the series options to only 4 episodes, yet it continues to record every single episode on that channel.  It does this with every single program.  Since I have some cartoon series and my guilty pleasure shows like Judge Judy and Seinfeld, the DVR is filling up fast.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
WeinerDog
I'm glad its not just me!
0 Likes
WeinerDog
Has anyone else had this happen and found a solution?  Right now I have to go through the schedule every day and delete about 30 programs.
0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

It doesn't work as I am used to coming from Comcast.  As of yet I cannot figure out what the thinking was with Keep up to X episodes.  For me, if I set it to keep up to 2 episodes then it will keep 2 but always the most recent 2.  It keeps recording episode after episode.  With Comcast, I had to delete one before another would record.  I'm not saying this was better, just that maybe it could be a choice.

0 Likes
MikTheFish

I am having the same issue, all of my DVR series record every episode, no matter what options I set for "keep at most X episodes".

I am new to FIOS, having recently converted from Comcast + TiVo. I love the HD DVR, but simple functionality like "keep at most X episodes" should work without having to post in these forums or call support. I never had any types of these issues with TiVo, it did what you set it to do. I have repeatedly reviewed all the settings, so it's not that the options are wrong or that the global options are set incorrectly, I think the DVR is not working as set.

Anyone from Verizon monitoring these boards?????

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi  MikTheFish,

This is a peer-to-peer forum, meant mostly for the exchange of ideas and tips between members. While there are a couple of tech support people who occasionally post here, this issue may not be within their realm of expertise. We have forwarded many of the forum suggestions and concerns to the appropriate parties for review. Verizon is listening and we value your feedback, even if we can't always respond directly.

0 Likes