DVR - Series Recording does not honor the 'Episodes to KEEP' setting
BAnslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a number of Series Recording setups that record episodes of a series until the KEEP limit, usually 5, is reached and then older episodes get deleted from the end as new episodes are added to the front of the list.

At least that is what it did until the last Firmware update, 1.9.5.

Now, it adds new episodes at the beginning of the list, but does not delete the oldest one from the end, and so in some cases I have 16 or more episodes in the list.

I called tech support about this, and as usual the box was reset and zapped, and, of course, if it doesn't work then they will send me a new box.

To me it seems obvious that a bug crept into 1.9.5 which causes the KEEP value to be ignored.  So the box is not to blame, the software is.

Hopefully someone else will report this problem too and if there are enough then some programmer at Verizon will fix this bug.

Living in hope.

Bryan.

0 Likes
Re: DVR - Series Recording does not honor the 'Episodes to KEEP' setting
bottz771

Thank god some one out there is having this issue.. I thought i was going crazy for a moment. I am seeing the exact same problem. I called tech support 3 times on this, and people who I spoke with were clueless.. Telling me that unless you watch the show it will keep recoring new episodes..or that this is normal and it will only delete episodes once you run out of storage. 

I was like what are you talking about.?

I also asked a friend and it seems like he is experiencing the same thing as well.

I have a technician coming to my home this week but it is likely he will not be able to fix this either. 

It would be real nice if someone at verzion would acknowledge this is a bug and that someone there is looking into a fix.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does this happen with multiple series or just one?

Have you gone in to series manager to check the settings for this series?

Maybe try changing the setting for keep until I delete to something else and then change it back.

0 Likes
bottz771

I have this happening on every series set to record.. Yes I have checked the settings.. I have a tech coming out tomorrow.. I should have 55 episodes of sponge bob squarepants saved up by then.. lol

0 Likes