Re: DVR upgrade email problem
sallyside

ok i got it on the first try here

open ie

file-new window

tools-in private session

in the first ie go to your email and click the link nothing will happen you need to copy and paste the link in the url to the ie with the in private session.

follow the instructions it work . if it doesnt your doing something wrong

0 Likes
The_Spectacle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just tried with Chrome and Safari on my mac, neither worked.

This is pretty rediculous.

0 Likes
danpbarnes
Enthusiast - Level 1
You rock! This was the magic bullet....I've tried on 4 different computers up to this point and never found a solution to it before reading your post...I got mine ordered....thank you for your post!
0 Likes
The_Spectacle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can we get one of the Verizon admins to elevate this issue? We shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to sign up for an upgrade. Especially an upgrade we're paying for.

0 Likes
JerseyGirl856
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had FiOs for several years now and have 3 HD DVRs...all the old ones.  How are you getting emails for a DVR upgrade?  I haven't received one yet and cannot find a place on the website to go and request one.  I got a link in another topic that takes me to the page, It says COngrats! You are eligible...then it takes me to a page to sign in and it never takes me anywhere at all. I either get "try later" or it just says "Getting your info" yet it never does.  How can I sign up to get the email for my 3 DVR upgrades?  Smiley Sad  

0 Likes
nj1958
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon customer service SUCKS!!!

They have no idea what is going on with this or any other issues.

If I ever get this upgrade, which I doubt will ever happen, I will be sure to get the "one time exchange fee"

credited back, I will not pay for this kind of service on top of the poor service and performance I have been experiencing lately

0 Likes
JRS200x
Enthusiast - Level 1

While I realize this thread is old.. You MUST USE YOUR ACCOUNT # AND NOT YOUR MYVERIZON LOGIN.  If you do that.. it works.    Just do not use your username/password combo and instead use your ACCT # AND ZIP CODE.

The_Spectacle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never got my original email to work so I just re-requested an invite today. Hopefully I fair better this time around. Still baffles me that I can't simply call Verizon and just order the new ones over the phone.

0 Likes
The_Spectacle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally got it to work...after you click the link from the mail, on the right select the link that says "Don't have a Verizon Home Phone Service?". There you can enter your account number and zip code and it should work. 

Verizon, please fix your web page.

0 Likes
bgcheez

i've this same issue as well for 3 weeks now...its actually quite amusing when you realize how horrible Verizon customer service is.  I've been promised about a dozen returned calls from variuos service groups, and only got one person responsible enough to call.  No matter who I talk to, they either claim its not their issue, or get me to another group who can 'defiantly' help me, but no one can.  They keep blaming the website, which i really don't care about.  Their website issues should not be our issues.  Its become quite laughable at how they try to handle things. 

I have tried all of the suggestions on here, but unfortunately non seemed to work for me.  Anyone have anything else that might work?

0 Likes