DVR won't record ATP tennis
njmacuser1

Currently the Tennis Channel is broadcasting the Miami Open from 11:00 AM - 11:30 PM.  When I press the record button, nothing happens.  I can record any other channel, but not this one.  I don't know it has anything to do with the length of the broadcast.  My DVR is presently 18% full.  There are about 8 hours left in the broadcast.

0 Likes
Re: DVR won't record ATP tennis
njmacuser1

I was able to record the broadcast my setting up the recording manually.  It has to be done directly on the DVR, it can't be from a remote box.  There is a 6 hour limit on recording time.

0 Likes
Lloydinmd1

I have the same problem with the TENNIS Channel.  DVR will not record  future tennis channel events, although it will record live events.  For the passed year we could, program a tennis channel event  to record successfully.  Suddenly on 3/27/14, we were not longer able to program a future recording.  In addition, we were unable to record the tennis channel at all ....  but by the evening after much tech service attention, we were able to record what we were watching, when watching.    No other channels have the problem.

My wife just discovered that she could program a future recording ONLY if the future event was a playback of passed event.  In other words she could program a future recording of a prior event which had occurred prior to her programing.

Example:  I just programmed the Miami Open to start tonight at 11:30 pm to 10:30 am and it was successful.  I should be able to play it back tomorrow. - it was 11 hours.  (It is now 2:00 pm).  So to trouble shoot, I tried to program the Open LIVE starting at 7:00 pm tonight - until 11:30 well within the 6-hour window, and it failed.  It seems that either Tennis Channel or Verizon has put the clamps on our viewing when we want.  Is this considered ON DEMAND?  Can we buy an annual subscription to have this ability?  LloydinMd.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I looked today at Tennis channel (303).

I one event from 11am until 1130pm.

How are you only trying to record from 7-1130?

Are you setting up manual recording?

Do you get an error message?

0 Likes
kevinb23

Having the same issue, DVR won't record Tennis Channel on 303 or 803HD. Have not had this issue before and I regularily record a whole day without issue. I have never encountered a max time issue as someone else has mentioned. I have done 8-12 hours before as TC will often run 11am to 11PM.   Also on Thursday I recorded most of the day and then was watching it about 9pm when the DVR (Cisco unit) rebooted and crashed on its own and on reboot the entire day recording of Tennis channel was gone. Not even in the Deleted folder.  This is really a mystery and has to be related to the latest software update. I have a lot of slowdown on the DVR and crashes this week since the new update.

0 Likes
kevinb23

update, I can set to record a later version. It will set record for 12am on but not live. FYI, while trying to record current view show it does not give an error when pressing the record or trying to record in guide. It simply does not do anything. Really strange as I have never seen this before in 6 years as a subscriber.  Also, I went through about a dozen other channels and all of them will record live broadcast. Can someone in Tech support please look at this issue?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.