DVRs Stopped Recording
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1
Sometime last night both of my DVRs stopped recording.  You can push the REC button when on a program in the Guide and a red dot comes up on the listing, but not on the DVR.  Also none of the scheduled programs are recording any more.  Both DVRs have 1.6.0 Build 06.89 and are not at 100% capacity.  I've been on hold with customer service for close to an hour and my phone battery isn't going to last much longer (forgot to put the phone back on the base last night).  Anybody else experiencing this problem?  Is it a Verizon problem or an equipment problem?  If equipment, strange both DVRs would experience it at the same time.
0 Likes
Re: DVRs Stopped Recording
Justin46
Legend

My guess would be that it is a hardware malfunction, perhaps triggered by Verizon sending you a message. These DVRs can sometimes get themselves kinda confused, and the best (only?) way to fix them is to remove power plug from the box for 15-20 seconds, then plug the power back in, wait for the box to initialize (about 1 minute, until the clock is displayed), then turn it on and see if the problem is gone.

All of these Motorola DVRs seem to have this "getting confused" problem occasionally, and removing power usually seems to fix it, at least until the next time, which may be days, weeks, or months into the future; I have had my DVR for well over 3 years, I have had to reset it this way maybe 10 times, and most of those were when diagnosing one particular problem.

Try it and see, it can't hurt.

Keller, TX

0 Likes
Re: DVRs Stopped Recording
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Justin.  After about another 1/2hr on hold Tech Support finally came on.  They reset both boxes and the problem went away!  'Course now I have to reenter my settings again, but as a side benefit, the audio is much closer to being in sync with the picture again (see my thread on Voice Sync Problem).

Wish I'd received your post prior to the reset. Would of liked to have tried the power off/on fix first.  I'll remember it for next time though.

0 Likes