EAS Alerts Interupt and Split Recordings
swedepie

I accept the fact that Verizon has no control over when and how often EAS alerts are issued.  THE REAL PROBLEM IS THAT THEY INTERUPT THE CURRENT RECORDING LEAVING THE PROGRAMIN IN TWO PIECES WITH PART OF THE PROGRAM MISSSING!

My old provider, Dish Network, simply displayed and alerted via sound and floating text OVER THE RECORDING.  The real annoyance is the way Verizon implements the EAS mesage!  Keep it up and I will gladly switch back to DishNet which seems to know what the TV viewing audience wants!  I don't need glass fiber to deliver the signal.  I find Dish's transmission speeds to be just as good, in fact, I get less video jumping with DishNet.

Please change your method of implementing EAS alerts and have some consideration for your customers!

AND BTW, I would rather do with less program interruptions -- you can only 'CRY WOLF' so many times before people simply start to ignore the EAS alerts themselves. 

0 Likes
Re: EAS Alerts Interupt and Split Recordings
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We are unable to control the frequency of the alerts. There are required regular testing intervals. As far as the methodology for the alert, you can bring suggestions to the decision makers of Verizon. This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes